* 12 ounces farfalle pasta
* 1/4 cup unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup haricots verts (thin tender green beans), ends trimmed
* 1/2 cup thin asparagus tips and stalks, sliced in 1-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup fresh peas
* 1/2 cup white mushrooms, thinly sliced
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup half-and-half
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 4 seeded and diced ripe plum tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat and quickly sautéthe vegetables until just tender. Do not overcook. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the half-and-half and cook to thicken the sauce, 5 minutes. Season well with pepper. Toss in the drained pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan. Garnish with diced tomatoes and chives or pea shoots, if available. Serve immediately.