June 6, 2012

No Comment

This post brought to you by Quaker Oats. All opinions are 100% mine.

I have to say that I was very satisfyingly surprised at how well I like the taste of Quaker Soft Baked Bar - Banana Nut Bread. I have always liked Banana Bread and I could eat the mess out of my Mom's homemade Banana Bread (with nuts). There weren't very many things my Mom cooked that I didn't like. I guess I just didn't believe a healthy snack bar would taste even a little bit like REAL Banana Bread, but I was wrong.

QSBB 3D Carton Banana.jpg (2 documents, 2 total pages)

I tasted a very small bite at first, just in case it really grossed me out. It did not. It tasted like a watered down version of real banana bread. I could actually taste the bananas, although the banana taste wasn't as strong as I would have liked. I could taste the nuts, for sure. The bar wasn't as moist as I had hoped, so I decided to take the advice that I read on the package and I heated the rest of the bar in the microwave, on high, for 10 seconds. WOW. What a difference that made! It somehow brought out the taste of the bananas and made the bar moister. I really enjoyed the rest of the bar. It was a good tasting, healthy snack, and I enjoyed eating it.

A Quaker Soft Baked Nutrition Bar, Banana Nut Bread, contains 140 calories, 5 grams of fiber, 6g of Protein. It also contains a 20% daily value of 5 B Vitamins. Not bad for a snack. Not as much protein as I prefer, but the rest is all good.

They make a wholesome food, especially if you warm them for a few seconds in the microwave. That helps bring out the taste and the moisture and makes them taste a bit more like the real thing.

QSBB Yum Image high res.jpg

I think if you like 'real' Banana Bread with Nuts; you will like the taste of Quaker Soft Baked Bars - Banana Nut Bread, too. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that they taste as good as homemade, but they aren't half bad. In fact, they're better than I expected, better than an average ‘breakfast snack

QSBB 3D Carton Cinn Pecan.jpg (2 documents, 2 total pages)

Visit Sponsor's Site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer